WHAT???? As a Christian, why would Dan share this picture????
Answer, to expose the shallowness of it…. bare with me for a second:
– I have many “non-Christian” friends, 2 of whom… as well as 1 relative that claim to be an “Atheist”. Often they tag me in posts that poke fun or criticize Christianity. That’s OK, I can take such acts. In fact, as a follower of Jesus… a Christian, I even expect things like this. In the Bible, we are even told situations like this (and possibly much worse) will happen, as you take up the cross and follow.
– I was recently tagged in a FB post that contained this picture, a cartoon if you will. It originated from one of those many sites and/or pages that are created simply to make fun of and bash Christians. The caption above the photo read something like “Unconditional love… with conditions”, or to that effect. I very rarely respond at all to such posts I happen to be tagged in… I just move on. But this one…. my thought process lead to this post in which I hope to provoke some true thought; as opposed to simple minded jibber/jabber.
– My response was simply this…….. “…. and therein lies the biggest difference between the “Atheist” and the “Christian”; mockery.”
– Think about that. I can even go deeper with it…. the difference between the “Atheist” and any “religion”. Do Buddhist’s ridicule others? Do Hindu’s? Do Jewish people? Do Muslim’s? Now before you get riled up over that last one. Think…. yes Muslim’s do have mis-guided branches of it that are extremists. But admittedly, so do Christians….. and other religions. I am not referring to those extremist whackos; I am referring to a “religion” as a whole.
– Now, the fun part…. let’s break down the mockery that is represented in this picture/cartoon. God loves all unconditionally, YES… He hates sin. Who is “sin”, where did it come from. Satan. The fall of man as recorded in Genesis explains how man disobeyed and ultimately chose sin. How did Satan tempt/trick/manipulate Eve and Adam into sin….. by using mockery. Think about it, he did.
– My last point here, “atheist”, it’s similar to all of those other “religions” I mentioned above. Atheist’s have those that simply chose not to believe in any creator, but go through life quietly keeping to themselves and being peaceful even. But there are also those extremists who are not really any different than the ones I mention above, that lash out and mock/tease/humiliate etc. My question here is…. because all of those behaviours originate from the devil himself, are these type of “Atheist’s” actually atheist’s persay….. or are they “Satanist’s” ??? Yes, the same can be said of the whacko so called Christian extremists. So my initial response then is not very accurate. Pondering all of this, truly it should have read…. “…. and therein lies the true difference between the “Satanist” and the “Christian”; mockery.
– In closing…. we all are really not that very different from one another, are we ?????
Just something for us ALL to think about. We can all behave better…. myself included of course. And honestly…. no offence taken.